Specializing in Mediation, Uncontested Divorce & Collaborative Divorce Services in NJ
Jann Catto, MSW, CDFA, Founder & President
TLC Mediation guides couples through this process and opens lines of communication to find productive ways to dissolve marriage unions without the traditional divorce chaos and aggrevation. We will provide the professional advice, financial guidance, and support you need to move forward with your life. Together, we will find solutions that are best for you and your family, and craft a creative, equitable, and meaningful agreement.
Find out if mediation is right for you and your family. Contact us for a consultation to discuss the mediation process in detail and answer any questions you may have.
Frequently asked questions about Divorce Mediation
- Why should I use Divorce Mediation instead of a litigated divorce?
- Divorce mediation is a cooperative process that addresses the specific concerns and needs of each individual and their children. Both parties have total control over the outcome and understand the implications of the agreement they sign. As a result, divorce mediation saves time, reduces unwanted emotional turmoil for all members of the family, and is considerably more cost effective.
- How much does Divorce Mediation cost?
- Divorce mediation costs less than traditional litigation. Mediators typically charge an hourly fee and do not require a retainer.
- How long does a divorce take using the Divorce Mediation process?
- Typically, divorces using mediation take 2 to 3 months or less, while traditional divorces can take a year or longer to finalize.